Sometimes, our challenges can weigh on us so that we lose sleep; dwell on negative thoughts; feel growing resentment, anger or sadness; or we simply feel stuck, uncertain and vulnerable. Or, we’re not in a rut, but we feel unusually distracted by the excitement, and we need to regain focus and channel our energy.
Seeing a therapist is not a personal failure or weakness. Through talk therapy, people understand themselves and others better. Talk therapy teaches us healthy ways of processing and expressing emotions, dealing with other people (including our inner self), and coping with circumstances we can and cannot control.
- Grief and loss
- Depression, anxiety, panic disorder
- Conflict resolution, anger, resentment
- ASD: coping, stress / parents, siblings
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Trauma recovery, post traumatic stress disorder
- Domestic violence
- Alcohol and drug abuse/dependence
- Relationships, codependency
- Career and personal growth
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Sex and pornography addiction
- Pre-marital and marriage counseling
- Divorce issues and recovery
- Social anxiety and phobia
- Parenting, children and adolescent issues
- Eating disorders
- Family conflict
- Sexual problems
- Other addictions (shopping, gambling, food)
Urban Balance provides a safe and confidential place to get support, insight, guidance, information, tools, resources and skills to manage the ups, downs and daily challenges of life. Therapists are seasoned experts, trained in facilitating healing and growth. At Urban Balance, we focus on your strengths and guide you in achieving wellness, happiness and success at home and at work.
First step? Please contact our intake department at 888-726-7170 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. You can learn more about our therapists and their specialty areas by visiting our therapist directory.